Sage advice from Naomi Simson , founder of RedBalloon .

Instead of having ‘to-do lists,’ I focused on the actions that would move me toward success… so I would speak out loud each morning the one thing I needed to get done. I created a ‘winner list.’

The trick of course is to know what your ‘one thing’ is. It is the most important thing (maybe the most important thing is to find out what your most important thing is).

The most important thing is the thing that you need to do so that if you do it – then everything becomes just that bit easier. There is an 80/20 rule for energy and effort too. Have you ever noticed that 20% of your actions will deliver 80% of the outcomes? The trick is to choose the right 20%. It takes focus and energy to make that powerful choice. Reviewing, questioning and evaluating all the options to ultimately determine what the thing is that will bring you success is worth the investment in time. If you did more of the 20% rather than the other 80% of activities that you spend time on that make you feel busy (and exhausted), this may get you closer to where you want to go.

If you have worked out your ‘one thing’ — your focus point, your road to success — then your measure needs to celebrate that.

By |2021-01-05T19:25:39+00:00August 28th, 2020|Daily Dose of Marketing Awesomeness|